12328 HENDERSON ROAD, CLIFTON, VA 20124
DOROTHY COBB ESTATE
95-1-1- -2 12328 Henderson Road, With house and outbuildings,
95-1-1- -3 (known as Wolf Run) 9.0415 Acres
95-1-1- -4 12324 Henderson Road, vacant land, 10.7206 acres
- Zoning RC
(1 dwelling unit per 5 acres)
- Lot -2: Septic recently approved
for 3-bedroom home. County approved new construction permit for Lot -2, April 22, 2008. Well in back of house. Heating is fuel oil.
Located in Clifton, Virginia, 20124, just under 25 miles outside of Washington, DC. The town has been around since the 1700's and
was initially a plantation and Indian hunting grounds before that. The
railroad brought Clifton more recognition and interest. The Civil War
played an important role in bringing a population to Clifton. During the
war, Clifton was known as Devereux Station. In 1868 Devereux Station
became known as Clifton Station. In 1869 a Post Office was established and
the town began thriving with schools, stores and a community atmosphere.
SCHOOLS: Clifton or Kings Glen Elementary School, Robinson Middle School, Robinson High School
- Land and
improvements being sold AS IS
SOME HISTORY AS KNOWN BY
House on Lot 2, 1.7790 acres, thought to be built circa 1820 (maybe as
early as 1810) by Hanny Fairfax. The Fairfax's were descendants of Lord
- This home
was a general store and Post Office before Town of Clifton was formally established.
owner's great-great grandfather moved from Pennsylvania to Fairfax County circa 1860.
grandfather, Otis Landis Detwiler, married Fanny Fairfax, around 1900.
House" used to be a distillery (third smaller white structure)...
House" used as a work shop, has electricity, and got its name when a past
relative built a boat on the upper level and after completion, was too
large to remove from the house.